Legislative Education & Participation
Membership in TPA offers you a strong, unified voice at the Texas Legislature and throughout the public policy process – representation that is vital to your practice. TPA is the only organization fighting every day to build bi-partisan relationships in the Texas Legislature and represent your clients and your profession during the legislative and political seasons.
- The TPA Public Affairs Team – Whether during a legislative session or in the interim, the TPA Public Affairs Team remains vigilant against efforts by the self styled “tort reform” and insurance lobby to erode your clients’ rights.
- 8-Day Chair Program* – This program for member volunteers provides an opportunity for TPA members to work side-by-side with our Public Affairs Team to participate in and affect the legislative process.
- Regional Legislative and Political Briefings* – TPA staff and leadership take to the road with members only briefings held periodically across the state to provide updates on legislative and political activities, as well as what’s happening at TPA.
- Legislative Action Update* – Your key to breaking news during each legislative session, this e-newsletter keeps you up-to-date on everything from committee hearings to the status of legislation that could affect your practice.
- Volunteer Training* – Through our Legislative Academy and other programs, our Public Affairs Team provides intensive training to prepare members for participation in the legislative and political processes.
*Service is available to Sponsoring members only.
Stand with us and make your commitment today. Join Texas Policyholder Advocates.